Youth Fitness Academy–Echelon Homeschool PE Program
We aim to redefine what health and fitness mean to the members of our community by providing professional, collegiate-level coaching, a meaningful and challenging environment, in a high-quality facility, working to increase the mental and physical attributes of all those who enter our program.
NOW SERVING: South Sutter, Inspire, CORE Placer, American River, and Visions In Excellence Charter Schools
WINTER SEMESTER IS IN FULL SWING!!
FIRST WINTER CLASS IS COMPLIMENTARY, CONTACT US TODAY SO WE CAN GET YOU SET UP.
WINTER SEMESTER STARTS 01/13 thru 04/08
SPRING SEMESTER DATES TBA
Cost: 24 CLASSES, $135 per month, PLUS a ONE time equipment fee of $25.
(MUST commit to the WHOLE semester)
Mondays and Wednesdays, 11:15am-12:15pm
Mondays and Wednesdays, 10:00am-11:00am
Detailed weekly summary of the curriculum covered and separated by grade level and standards achieved.
Video and pictures of improvement will be provided through a PRIVATE Facebook Group.
Parents do not need to remain on the premises.
Between classes and supervised homework, ALL High School Standards and Requirements will be met. Jr. High School will have optional but not required outside assignments.
$405 covers the entire semester!
Who We Are
The birth of our Youth Fitness Academy came when, we noticed there was a significant number of homeschooling families that simply didn’t have the ability nor the desire to implement, moderate and observe the California State Physical Education standards. Families had options of specific sport disciplines but lacked access to comprehensive training and curriculum for the California State Standards for physical education and health.
And thus, Youth Fitness Academy at CrossFit Echelon was formed.
It has taken over two years since the initial development of the Echelon Fitness concept to develop the curriculum that will be covered during the 15-week course (2 times per week for 60 minutes). We now have a curriculum and physical movement timeline that I feel confident in and believe that it will be of a great benefit to all students and families that become a part of the CrossFit Echelon Community.
First, we practice, train, and re-train in the basic MECHANICS of kinesthetic movement. Then in time, with CONSISTENT attendance and CONSTANT coaching, physical literacy and enhanced kinesthetic performance will start to develop through INTENSITY.
For example, the needs of a Junior High School Student with no athletic background will ONLY differ by a degree from a three-sport athlete in that essentially the same movements will need to be performed by both, but each using a dramatically differing speed and intensity. This makes our program universally able to be scalable for any age or experience levels. We are fully prepared and have accounted for the varying levels that we are sure to find in our classroom of students.
Regardless of your age, your physical capacity, or your athletic history, it is our conviction that regardless of one’s age, physical capacity, or athletic history we have the ability to educate the youth of our community and encourage growth in their physical and mental capabilities by providing a broad, inclusive, and fun environment for fostering a desire for lifelong health and fitness.
What We Value
Nine years ago, when I built Echelon, I wrote one of my founding documents called “The Echelon Creed” to give myself and our athletes vision, and encourage everyone to their highest potential.
- Promise to give your all. Your all may change from day to day or even hour to hour, but in that moment, when you are facing a difficult task, give yourself the best of what you got.Promise to give your all. Your all may change from day to day or even hour to hour, but in that moment, when you are facing a difficult task, give yourself the best of what you got.
- Check your ego at the door. Have the courage, humility, and curiosity to ask for help. We are here for your benefit and will give you everything we have. Be willing to be a student and share the knowledge you learn with others.
- NEVER cheat! There is no honor in cheating and there will never be joy in a victory not earned by the mark of superior effort.
- We do not let our mind tell us when we are done, we listen to our body. Strive for great achievements, knowing that our identity is not what we accomplish, but that we attempted.
- Fear no deficiency. Embrace the fact that you are NOT perfect, there are things you need to work at, and today is the best day to start. Grab your bar, own your ability, and get to work.
- “Virtuosity” is performing common movements uncommonly well. Master your body and the mechanics of each movement. Practice the fundamentals, then add speed and intensity.
- If you can run, then run. If you need to walk, then walk. If you are forced to crawl, then crawl. REST, and you will survive to fight for your fitness another day.
- Do not be deceived by thinking you can become healthy and fit in just one day or with just one workout. Health is a way of life. Consistency is the key, keep coming, even when you don’t feel like it, but especially when you just don’t want to.
- Be AFRAID of your potential, not failure.
Be INSPIRED and be INSPIRING.
Be STRONG, someone is depending on you.
Be HUMBLE and teachable, it is necessary for learning.
Be PASSIONATE, life deserves passion.
Be YOURSELF because it’s better to be who you are than to be liked for being someone who you are not.
- Welcome to Echelon! You’re about to find out what you’re made of.
- Father to five daughters (ages 5-15), all of which are homeschooled.
- Bachelor’s of Arts: Kinesiology and Physical Education, CSU Long Beach, 2005
- Bachelor;s of Arts: Biomechanics, CSU Long Beach, 2005
- CrossFit Level 1 Coach, 2011 (recertified 2 additional times)
- 250+ hours of student teaching, 2006
- 11,000+ hours of small and large group exercise training
- CEO, Head Coach of Echelon Fitness, 2011-Present
- Certified Coach, Blauer Tactical Systems, specializing in “Be Your Own Bodyguard”
- CrossFit Self Defense Coach, 2015
After 17 years in the industry, I created this program to meet the needs of homeschooling families who have been largely underserved. I have noticed a void in the homeschooling network of vendors in the realm of Health, Physical Education, and Nutrition, and would like to fill that with the course being offered at Echelon Fitness.
Coach Adam Downing, email@example.com, 916.276.7875
- FREE WIFI
- Parents and siblings have a waiting area (if you decide to stay onsight)
- Café Primo is within walking distance, that can accommodate all our family members (especially if they have other school work to do)
- We are less than a mile from Kathy Lund Park, which has a lot of shaded areas, a playground and a water park for those hot days
- Conveniently located near, Flip-To-It, Free Flow Academy, Bayside Café, and a Baseball Academy
Spaces are filling up quickly, so please contact us today about getting your child enrolled and we will get back to you as soon as possible.