1. ARRIVE ON TIME. It shows respect for your coaches and fellow athletes. You must be ON TIME to participate in the workout. An exception may be made if the athlete performs 30 Burpees and is able to have their equipment ready for the Skill/Strength session of the class.
2. HAVE FUN, WORK HARD, AND KEEP YOUR COMMENTS TO YOURSELF. Feel free to cheer, clap and encourage others as anything less would cheat yourself of the experience and rob others of the gift of your presence and support as a vital part of our community.
3. BE AWARE OF YOUR SURROUNDINGS. If there is class going on when you show up stay quiet and off the mats/equipment. This allows those in class to hear the coaching and assure they will not accidently run into you during their WOD. The exception will be the mobility tools made available as long as you are not on the WOD floor.
4. WELCOME THOSE WHO ARE NEW. Remember the first few weeks you were here, sometimes CrossFit in general (or Adam Specifically) can be intimidating. Extend the hand of friendship and introduce yourself to people who you don’t know, who knows, you may make a new friend!
5. MAKE SOME NOISE! Grunting, screaming, and otherwise making noise are all welcome and encouraged during a WOD. There is such a thing as a gentle, quiet strength, although most of us haven’t mastered that yet. Also remember that there can be such a thing as TOO loud, crass, gross or rude—please be respectful of the audience that is around you (we are not G-Rated, however, we are definitely not a Quentin Tarantino Film).
6. YOUR CHILDREN ARE YOUR RESPONSIBILITY. They may watch but are not permitted on the workout floor during any part of class. If they need to be tended to, it is your responsibility to do so (Yes, even in the middle of your WOD). If they break it, you bought it or pay to have it repaired/replaced.
7. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN EQUIPMENT. This means that in an effort to encourage others, we DO NOT put our equipment away until everyone is done the WOD. If you sweat, bleed, or otherwise leave your DNA on the floor or any other equipment please clean up after yourself (we have the industry standard in germ killers available and a mop for the floors).
8. YOUR SAFETY IS OUR MAIN PRIORITY. Do not drop any bar or kettlebell (unless you made the decision with your own safety in mind) as they can endanger yourself and others around you.
9. CHECK YOUR EGO AT THE DOOR. CrossFit opens up the hidden (and not so hidden) competitive nature in us all. NEVER cheat your reps or range of motion in order to “catch” a fellow athlete! Train like a true champion: be humble, inspiring, and true to your ability. Support your fellow athletes if you finish before them!
10. PLEASE COMMUNICATE WITH YOUR COACH! We want to make sure you are fully cared for as we take pride in our athletes. If you need anything (especially a scaling issue for injuries) please do not hesitate to pull us aside or send us an email.